Thursday, June 07, 2007

I think "meme" is the French word for "same"

Actually, I know it is, but I'm not sure whether or not that's the origin of "meme" to mean something like this thing below. It seems logical, since what you do is take the same questions from someone else, but I'm making this up as I go.

I've never paid much attention to them, but my friend Barb posted this on her blog and she said that everyone who was reading it should do the same. Her instructions were very specific...she even pointed out that we should erase her answers (I can't be sure, but this may have been intended specifically for me, since I would have thought it funny as hell to just repost her questions AND answers if the instructions had been less explicit). There seemed to be no wiggle room, so here goes:


1. Are you taller than your mom?

Oh yeah. And so is everyone else.

2. What color is your car?

Well, white. But I didn't choose that. It's otherwise an exact copy of a RED car I once had, which was much more to my liking.

3. What is the closest thing to you that is red?

Other than that long-lost car? My blouse.

4. What is your ringtone?

Ringtone?

5. Are you sick?

Sadly, yes. But I'm optimistic that a simple surgical procedure is going to fix me right up and change my life.

6. What color is your favorite pillow?

Aquamarine.

7.What is your favorite video game?

Bust-a-Move

8. Had a nap today?

No. I never get naps anymore. I'm always willing, though.

9. Gold or Silver?

Silver.

10.Is there an animal that creeps you out?

Animal? Not really. Spiders aren't animals, right?

11.Who was the last person you rode an elevator with?

If this means people I know, Joel Newton. If it means random people who stepped into the same elevator I did...some random woman who works on the 34th floor.

12. Did you go ice skating as a kid?

Yes, but not often. More on ponds than at rinks.

13. Ever have stitches?

Yes, in my chin when I was three years old.

14. Favorite non-alcoholic drink?

Coca-cola with a lot of ice.

15. How long ago did you kiss someone?

I need clarification of the question.

16. What's something you want to do before you die?

Nap.

No, just kidding.

Well,not kidding exactly. I do want to nap. But I'd like to do something worthwhile, too. After my nap.

17. Have you ever caught something on fire?

If it's my own kitchen, does that really count?

18. Have you ever seen a ghost?

No.

19.Have you ever seen the northern lights?

No. Once when I was very young, one of my neighbors was outside yelling that he could see them, and he woke my father up, but my father called him some choice names and went back to bed instead of waking the rest of us up to share.

20. Do you know how to use chop sticks?

Absolutely not.

21. Name something good that happened today.

I ate Mexican food in brand new white pants and they're still white. (My mother suggested that they must be magic, as this couldn't possibly be attributable to me)

22. What room are you in?

My bedroom.

23. Are you worried about something you can't control?

Yes.

24. Do you take daily medications?

Yes

25. Ever been in a fight?

Fight? As in two sided? No. But when I was 13 and my sister was 6, I knocked a kid flat on his ass after he hit her in the head with an ice ball. His mother stood patiently by and watched.

26. Are you wearing nailpolish?

Yeah, right. I don't even OWN nail polish.

27. Favorite color?

Bright, Irish green, like the green crayon or green poster paints in pre-school.

28. Innie or Outie?

I actually don't believe that anyone is an outie. I've never seen one.

29. Ever used a Ouija board?

Yes, back in my youth, before I remembered that I was Catholic.

30. Sweet or Sour?

Yes.

31. Sun or Moon?

Moon.

32. What shoes did you wear today?

White sandals.

33. Favorite eye color of the opposite sex?

Brown.

34. Most important quality in any relationship?

That inexplicable thing that makes you want to do better and be better even when the other person is perfectly happy with you as you are.

35. Favorite zombie movie?

There is more than one zombie movie?

36 Time of day you were born?

10:41 p.m.

37. Do you know your blood type?

I did once.

38. What would you spend 5000 dollars on right now if you were handed it?

I'd prepay my rent and utilities for as long as that would stretch.

39. Name something annoying in public transit?

Can't. I love it.

Oh, wait. This isn't public transit's fault, but I HATE when the train is so crowded that people are standing in the aisles and there are always those obnoxious few who keep their one little bag on the seat next to them so that no one else can sit down, and stare straight ahead and pretend they don't notice the people searching for seats. I think they should have to buy tickets for their bags.

40. Did you grow up in the city or country?

City, but I thought it was the country. My parents were from Chicago, and my mother always referred to our town (population roughly 80,000) as "out here in the sticks," so I grew up thinking it was a small town in the middle of nowhere.

41. Would you ever consider going on a reality TV show if offered a large sum of money?

I was actually on reality tv once, for a very small sum of money. But I hadn't given much thought to reality tv then. Now that I see how it's contributing to the downfall of western civilization, I don't think I'd do it again.

42. Have you flown in your dreams?

I don't believe so.

43. Hugs or kisses?

No.

44. You have 10 dollars to spend in the dollar store..what do you get?

Cleaning products and paper towels and stuff.

45. Slurpee flavor?

Blue raspberry.

1 comment:

Barb Matijevich said...

You didn't QUITE follow directions. You were supposed to send me a note telling me you'd filled this out so that I could know and read it. Since you don't have a SUBSCRIBE feature on this blog, I am forced to have to remember to check back here periodically and we all know how well THAT works...

Actually, I don't even remember if I put that in the directions, since everyone else with a blog has the subscribe feature. Not that I'm bitter.